2016 National Specialty Tentative Schedule (Only major day and evening events shown)
- Friday, 9/23: Water Trial Practice, Water Trial Committee Forum
- Saturday, 9/24: Water Trial-Day 1, Tracking Tests-TDU/VST
- Sunday, 9/25: Water Trial-Day 2
- Monday, 9/26: Agility-Day 1, Futurity/Maturity, Breeder Education Seminar, Welcome Beach Party
- Tuesday, 9/27: Agility-Day 2, Sweepstakes, CGC, CGCA and TDI Testing, Top Twenty, Silent Auction
- Wednesday, 9/28: 4-6 Mo. Beginner Puppy Competition, Class/Veteran Dogs, Non-Regular Classes, Rally, Annual Meeting, 25th Anniversary Party & Live Auction
- Thursday, 9/29: Class/Veteran Bitches, Obedience, OHA Gathering
- Friday, 9/30: Jr. Showmanship, Bests, BOB, Awards Dinner & Basket Raffle
Hotel Reservation Information
The Embassy Suites is pleased to host our group and has set aside a block of rooms to accommodate us, September 23 – October 1. These are all two-room suites and will be from either $149 or $169/night, dependent on the view – inland or Bay, (additional charges for multiple guests will apply). Each room may have a maximum of four dogs. There will be a one- time, non-refundable charge of $25 for each room with a dog(s). The Embassy Suites has a huge list of amenities including daily hot, made to order breakfast, ‘happy hour’ each evening, refrigerator and microwave in each room, exercise facility and indoor pool (human use only), hairdryers, free WIFI, parking ($5/day), and each room is equipped with a 37” TV with remote.
Our host hotel in Pleasanton is the DoubleTree at the Park. The DoubleTree will host our group, September 22-24. Rates are $99 (single or double) and include free WIFI, fitness center, indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna and free parking. The Pet fee is a non-refundable $50 for up to two dogs per room.
Reservations for both hotels open at 9 AM (PST), January 11, 2016.
Reservations made earlier will be cancelled. More information and links to the special reservation sites for our event will be posted before the hotel reservation launch date. Set these important dates and destinations on your calendar and stay tuned!
Keeping Informed (before, during, and after the Specialty)
We are providing several ways to keep you informed about the 2016 Specialty:
- The Specialty website (newly redesigned), will launch the first week in January.
- Our Facebook page, http://www.Facebook.com/groups/2016Specialty (login required) will provide updated Specialty information, as well as a place for online discussion and feedback.
- We will be using our Specialty e-mail, [email protected], both to broadcast information to people who have specifically requested getting such information and to answer specific questions.