Are you ready for Water Work?
Does your PWD enjoy the water? Imagine the fun they’d have if they could work with you, their favorite human, doing what they were bred to do in the water!
Water Work Fundamentals
A PWDCNC Water Workshop
Have you wondered if your PWD can perform those tasks that his ancestors did on the fishing boats in Portugal? Would you like to have fun with your PWD in the water while building a wonderful bond with him? Come join us for a workshop to learn what’s needed to join in all the fun.
- All PWDs and their handlers who are NEW to water work or interested in learning more about it
- Teams who have unsuccessfully attempted Junior or Apprentice levels in water trials
- Teams looking for new training experiences and skills
What the workshop will explore:
- Basic skills needed by PWDs to be successful at the Junior Water Certificate level
- Basic skills needed by a PWD’s handler to help the dog be successful at the beginning levels
- Basic equipment required for water work
- Basics of water trial and water practice procedures
When: Sunday, March 10, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Tailored Dog Training
4475 K Treat Blvd.
Why: It’s time to start working on basic skills needed by both PWDs and their people to be successful in water work this summer. With what you’ll learn at this workshop, and some practice in the water, you should be ready to trial at the Junior Level with your PWD at our August water trials this year!
Bring your own lunch or there is both a Starbucks and Subway shop in the same center as the event location. Light snacks will be provided morning and afternoon.
- Preferred, fastest method: complete the attached fillable form, save the file as (YourName Workshop) and email to [email protected]. Make payment via Paypal to [email protected] and note in the comment section that it’s for the water workshop.
- Alternatively, you may send both the completed form and your check (made out to PWDCNC), to: Kathy Souza, 503 Buena Tierra Drive, Woodland, CA 95695