Who: All PWDs and their handlers who are NEW to water work or interested in learning more about it
- Teams who want to learn how to train effectively for the Junior or Apprentice levels in water trials
- Teams looking for new training experiences and skills
- Anyone wishing to attend as an auditor is welcome.
What: The workshop will explore:
- Basic skills needed by PWDs to be successful at the Junior and Apprentice levels
- Basic skills needed by a PWD’s handler to help the dog be successful at these levels
- Basic equipment required for water work
- Basics of water trial and water practice procedures
When: Saturday, March 19, 2016 and Sunday March 20, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
How: Using videos of actual PWDs in the water, Lauren will show what the PWDs and handlers need to do to pass the water trial tests. Then participants will learn how to teach the fundamental skills to their PWDs. Those who participate as a “working team” will have the opportunity to try some of the fundamental training and ask questions. Handlers will leave with a good idea of how to train their PWD on land and in the water.
Where: Happiness County Kennels • 5815 Mission Road • Sunol, CA 94586
Why: It’s time to start working on basic skills needed by both PWDs and their people to be successful in water work this summer.
Working Team $100.00 both Sat. and Sun. LIMIT-10 WORKING TEAMS EACH DAY
Working Team $50.00 Saturday only
Auditors $50.00 for Saturday and Sunday
Auditors $25.00 for Saturday only
Sunday’s presentation will build on information covered Saturday so all Sunday participants must have attended the Saturday course. Bring your own lunch. Light snacks will be provided morning and afternoon.
To Register: Press the “Register” button below.
Complete the form and press the “Submit” button. Then scroll down and add your Registration Preference to the cart and follow the directions to securely pay using your PayPal account or a credit or debit card.
To reserve your spot your registration must be received no later than Friday March 4.
If you prefer to pay by check, email Kathy Souza at [email protected] for a form which you can fill out and send along with your check made payable to PWDCNC to:
503 Buena Tierra Drive
Woodland, CA 95695
Questions? Contact Kathy Souza at [email protected].