Portuguese Water Dog Club of Northern California Code of Ethics
As a member of the Portuguese Water Dog Club of Northern California I pledge that:
- I will, as a matter of ethics, help educate the public in all areas with which I am familiar.
- I will maintain high standards of health and care for my dogs within the guidelines and recommendations of the PWDCA.
- I will not deliberately degrade any member, his breed or kennel.
- I will not sell or donate dogs to commercial dog wholesalers, retailers, laboratories or raffles except as approved by the Board of Directors.
- I will comply with all American Kennel Club and Portuguese Water Dog Club of America rules and regulations.
As a breeder:
- I will breed dogs according to the Standard of the Breed as approved by the American Kennel Club.
- I will use only physically and temperamentally sound stock, free from all hereditary defects; and I will refuse stud service to any bitch that is unregisterable or shows obvious defects.
- I will withhold registration papers or have issued limited registration on any dog that has defects of a nature that will make it detrimental to the breed and, in such cases, I will obtain written agreement from the buyer as required by the American Kennel Club.
- I will not sell stock without true representation to the purchaser nor use misleading or untruthful statements in selling or advertising.
- I will prove the quality of my stock by having it exhibited in American Kennel Club shows as often as feasible.