PWDCNC Annual Meeting!
Sunday, February 16, 2020
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
No Host Bar Opens 11:00 a.m.
Luncheon at 11:45 a.m.
Annual Meeting and Election at 12:45 p.m.
Please come join the fun!
The Clubhouse at Paradise Valley
3990 Paradise Valley Drive • Fairfield, CA 94533
This event is one of the very few club events where humans (sans PWDs) are the guests of honor. Of course it’s all about the dogs, isn’t it! You are invited to join us for the luncheon, or if you’re not into eating at large round tables where people talk incessantly about dogs, please join us for the annual meeting, member vote, and presentations. Please RSVP even if you’re not joining us to dine – thanks! The fun includes:
Luncheon ($31.00) — Choice of hot entrée with Hearts of Romaine Caesar Salad, Herb Roasted New Potatoes, Chef’s choice of Fresh Roasted Vegetables, bread and butter, dessert, coffee and tea. Choose from:
- Lemon Pepper Chicken with Lemon Buerre-Blanc Sauce
- Roasted Tri Tip with Mushroom Cabernet Demi Glacé
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera
- Election of Officers and Directors
- Certificates of Recognition for 2019 PWD Awards and Titles
- Recognition of new members in attendance. In addition, the board will sponsor a reduced lunch cost ($21.00) for each new member who joined the club between March 1, 2019 and February 16, 2020. Special invitations will be sent to new members by president Ann Gaskell.
- Recognition of Ancient Mariners and personalized gift presentation
- Rainbow Bridge
- 2019 Lloyd D’Augusta Star Award Trophy Presentation
50-50 Raffle for Attendees! 50% of proceeds gets split between 5 lucky winning raffle ticket holders. Tickets can be purchased in advance (no price difference to do so). $20 = 40 tickets.
Hey Attendees, RSVP & Order Online!
Don’t Miss Out!
RSVP and Order Lunch—Orders and payment must be received NO LATER than Wednesday, February 12, 2020. No host bar for wine, beer, mixed drinks and other beverages. The Clubhouse has an extensive wine list. RSVP and order your entree online by clicking the button below. Payment may be made by check via regular mail or your debit or credit card.
New 2019 Members: Check your email for a special invitation for a $10 lunch discount from Ann Gaskell, PWDCNC president.
And Don’t Forget . . . The Following are Due Sunday, February 9:
- Submit Your PWD’s Accomplishments for Recognition! Our PWDs deserve extra special recognition for the amazing, talented things they do. Certificates of Achievement will be presented to PWDs that have earned titles or awards during 2019. The Certificate of Achievement Form can be filled out online. When you click the “Submit” button, it will go directly to Carol Kupec. Please submit by February 9.
- WANT TO HAVE A SENIOR MOMENT??? Recognize your Ancient Mariner, all PWDs that turned 15 in 2019. Reaching a ripe old age is a very special achievement. If you have a Portuguese Water Dog who turned 15 in 2019, we want to honor him or her. The recognition will include an, embroidered, personalized hand towel to be presented to the owners at our Annual Meeting. This will be the start of an on-going club tradition. If your dog is eligible and you would like to participate, please send your dog’s call name, birthdate, and a photo to Carol Irving.If your special PWD has since gone on to The Rainbow Bridge, you will still receive a personalized towel. If you would like to participate but are unable to attend the meeting, please note that when you register.
Submit Photos of your PWDs for our Slideshow! “Our PWDs” Slideshow will be up on the screen as you arrive, and is a wonderful way to show off your doggies in normal, fun, non-competitive pursuits and antics. Please email photos, of your PWDs (with their names) to Carol Irving by February 9.